Our very own roundup of what’s happening this weekend in Columbus, posted every Friday morning. All the events you won’t want to miss!
What’s Happening This Weekend?! May 22nd, 23rd, 24th (+25th!)
It’s Memorial Day weekend! That means an extra day is added to this week’s TGIF. Below, we’ve curated a list of the biggest and best events going on in Cbus over the next few days.
Read on to find out more! We’ve also noted locations and times where applicable, and included links where you can get more details.
Any event you’re particularly looking forward to? Did we leave something out? Let us know in the comments below.
Friday, May 22nd
- Columbus Alive is hosting a concert at the Commons Downtown, featuring local DJs Roevy, Druid Cloack, and The Funerals. Happy hour, food trucks, and a bar all start at 5PM, and the music begins at 7.
- Head Todd and The Monsters and G. Love & Special Sauce are performing at the LC Pavilion. Tickets start at $27.50 and doors open at 6PM.
- The Crew are hosting division rivals Chicago Fire, 8PM at
- As we wrote about this morning, Jeni’s is reopening most of their local Scoop Shops at 7PM.
Saturday, May 23rd
- The Asian Festival runs all day from 10AM-8PM at Franklin Park, on the Near East Side.
- Family Fun Day is happening from 4-8PM at Columbus Commons, followed by a showing of the movie Big Hero 6 at 8:15.
- Up in Utica, Velvet kicks off their annual Ice Cream Festival at Ye Olde Mill, which runs Saturday from 9AM-7PM. Admission is $5 per car.
- The Clippers play the Gwinnett Braves, 7:15PM at Huntington Park. Fireworks will follow the game.
Sunday, May 24th
- The Asian Festival wraps up at Franklin Park from 10AM-6PM.
- Shadowbox Live performs Bigger than Jesus, a Beatles tribute musical, for free at 8PM at Columbus Commons.
- Velvet’s Ice Cream Festival continues in Utica, 9AM-7PM.
Monday, May 25th – Memorial Day
- Parades galore! The Dispatch has a good roundup posted here of when and where each community is having commemorative events.
- Green Lawn Abbey, one of Columbus’ architectural gems, hosts their free annual open house from 10AM-2PM, 700 Greenlawn Ave.
- Utica’s Velvet Ice Cream Festival wraps up from 10AM-6PM.
That’s it! Enjoy the (long) weekend!
We’ll be back posting new content on Tuesday morning! Trust us, there’s some exciting stuff coming up next week you definitely won’t want to miss!
© Columbusight.com. All Rights Reserved.